Beginning Thangka Painting Classes in Berkeley with Dinesh Charan Shrestha
A rare Opportunity to See the Work and Study with a Master of this Sacred Art.
Painting in the Newari Style is an aesthetic, meditative practice in which knowledge, skill and concentration come together to produce a vibrant and detailed embodiment of the divine. A true art of heart illumination, Sadhana & exquisite beauty.
Beginning Classes Open to all. No drawing or painting experience required.
In these 16 sessions you will learn:
- techniques of drawing & graphite rendering
- forms & mudras specific to the Deity
- arrangements & placements of ornaments,landscapes & borders
- application, blending & laying techniques of paints
- Buddhist, Hindu & Nepalese iconography & art as a meditative process of heart illumination & sadhana.